Will of God = Conversion
Mt. 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven".
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ—the center of our heart (St. Augustine, "Our hearts will never rest until it rests with Thee.")
- Not our will but His will—in other words, not our way.
- Free will to choose Him or not. (Eph. 6:12)
- Learn how to pray—through the power of the Holy Spirit
Word of God = Transformation
Heb. 4:12-13 "Indeed the word of God is living and effective, sharper than any two edged sword, penetrating even between soul and spirit, joint and marrow and able to discern the hearts and minds of men".
- The only way to know Jesus personally is to read and reflect on His Word.
- Scriptures and Catechism and teaching of the Church.
- He wants all of us to be holy.
Witnesses that Witness = Evangelization
Mt. 10:32-33 "Everyone who acknowledges me before others I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father. But whoever denies me before others, I will deny before my heavenly Father".
- We witness Jesus in the breaking of the bread—Eucharist. It is the focal point of our faith—Sacrifice of the Mass.
- We witness Christ by the transformation of our own personal lives. We then must witness to others by proclaiming Jesus Christ boldly.
- We witness through our words—but more importantly, how we live our lives.
Winning Crown = Eternal Salvation
2 Tim. 4:7,8 "I have competed well; I have kept the faith. From now on the crown of righteousness awaits me, which the Lord, the just judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me, but to all who have longed for his appearance".
- Earthly crowns won't satisfy us—what profit a man…
- Christ is the Way—Truth—Life.
- Salvation is through Him—we can't earn it or buy it.
- Christ died for us so that every single person has access to this Winning Crown.